Alabama Class C Operator
Course Powered by UST Training
State UST Operator Training Regulation
Alabama Department of Environmental Management Underground Storage Tank Regulations, Rule 335-6-15-46
August 8, 2012
Frequency Of Training
Initial only unless the Department finds the facility out of compliance.
Timing Of Class C Training
Class C operators must be trained before assuming responsibility for responding to emergencies.
Requirements Of Class C Training
The Class C operator typically controls or monitors the dispensing or sale of regulated substances; and, is responsible for initial response to alarms or releases associated with the UST system. The Class C operator shall be trained to take action in response to emergencies or alarms caused by spills, overfills, releases, or suspected releases from an UST system. Trainers of Class C operators are not required to obtain approval of the training materials from the state fire marshal prior to providing training.
This course provides the Class C UST Operator an overview of the training needed to respond to emergency conditions at underground storage tank (UST) facilities. Our Class C Operator Course and Certification provides training on the following:
- Introduction to a generic UST facility including the major fuel system components and emergency equipment
- The roles and responsibilities of the Class A, B and C Operators.
- Site-specific emergency procedures development
- Emergency contact procedures
- Safety awareness for employees and customers
- Overfill prevention
- Monitoring of the UST facility
- Fire safety and introduction to fire extinguishers
- Alarm panel recognition and response procedures
- Fuel spill containment and cleanup
At the end of the course, a 10 question exam is administered and you will be required to answer 8 out of 10 questions correctly to be certified. When you pass the exam, you will be able to download your certificate of completion from the student log-in page. Class C operator training records shall be maintained at the SUT facility so they are immediately available upon inspection by the Department.